Participating in a NOW retreat is an opportunity to step away from daily life and develop a deeper connection to your authentic self through the wisdom of nature.
The societies of original tribal peoples were deeply rooted in the wisdom of mother nature. They sourced their lives, their spirituality, and developed human wisdom in partnership with nature. Children learned to listen to the wind, appreciate the healing gifts of plants and trees, and they were encouraged to study the medicine of all the animals they encountered so that they could walk in balance on the Earth Mother.
NOW Retreats are intended to begin a process for many people who have never understood their connection to our Earth Mother. It is our intention to open a new doorway of understanding for those who seek the Oneness of all life, connection to the Great Mystery, and to awaken to the awareness of their authentic selves.
NOW Retreats consist of 2 sessions and are facilitated by Medicine Horse Way founder Carol Roush and/or Medicine Horse Way Master Instructors.
Dates and locations of NOW workshops are listed on the right side of this page.
AWAKENING TO YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE THROUGH THE WAY OF THE MEDICINE HORSE
This two-part advanced intensive program is an in-depth exploration of the Way of the Medicine Horse as a profound journey of self-discovery and transformation. With horses as your inspiration and guides, you will learn skills for increasing self-awareness, learning to hear your inner guidance, accessing inner peace, and developing an approach to life that enables you to live deeply and awaken to your life’s purpose. If you are ready to get out of your story and into a joyful life, NOW is for you.
The overall theme of the program is beautifully described by Sue Monk Kidd in her book, When the Heart Waits:
“Is it possible, I asked myself, that I am being summoned
from some deep and holy place within? Am I being asked to enter a passage in the Spiritual life, the journey from false self to true self? Am I being asked to dismantle old masks and patterns and unfold a deeper, more authentic self, the one I intended to be? Am I being compelled to disturb my inner universe in quest of the undiscovered being who clamors from within?”
In response to those questions, The NOW program will focus on teaching you how to take new tools and expanded self-awareness back into your life, family, relationships, and community. You will learn how to be more authentic, set healthy boundaries, and actually live from a larger perspective of who you are and what’s possible for you. You will learn how to apply these principals to everyday life: congruency over conformity, authenticity over perfection, and adaptability and inquisitiveness over methodology.
The program will offer experiences in the following areas:
- Distinguishing False Self from Authentic Self Beliefs and Behaviors
- Discover blocks and talents hidden in shadow
- Access your authentic self and open the door to innovative solutions to age old problems
- Mindfulness Practices including meditation, drumming, and shamanic journeying
- Developing Intuitive Communication with horses as your guides
- Connection Through Movement: the courage to feel and the willingness to act
- Lead with your heart to Build Mutual Respect in Relationships
- Transition from merely surviving to actively thriving
- Creating Authentic Community and Sacred Space of Possibilities
The Earth Mother knows and horses teach is the awareness that everything changes…constantly. They teach us to be mindful of the present moment, free of preoccupation and judgment. We heal the past by being in the present and free the future. It is then that we are automatically imbued with lightheartedness; it is then that we can step far enough from our old survival beliefs and behaviors to make room for imagination, creativity, a sense of humor, self-acceptance, and loving kindness that are at the core of our authentic selves. It is from this connected place within that we discover the true nature of who we are, create authentic relationships, and live our lives fully with a deep sense peace no matter what happens. What you experience in a NOW Retreat stays with you for the rest of your life. Mother Nature and your authentic self are always available. NOW you will know how to access their wisdom from anywhere at any time.
In the safe and congruent environment of NOW you will have the opportunity to explore what feels emotionally, physically, spiritually, and intellectually expansive for you and become truly awake to your life’s purpose!
Participation in the NOW program will help you find the inner guidance necessary so that the desire of your heart can become the reality of your life.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Please take the time to thoughtfully answer the following questions and email your application as an attached Microsoft Word document to email@example.com:
- Date application and include name, address, phone number, and email address.
- What aspect of a NOW Retreat is most appealing to you?
- Have you participated in any other Equine Facilitated learning workshops or private sessions? If so, please give a brief overview of your experiences.
- Are there other personal development modalities you have participated in? (counseling, workshops, coaching)
- A significant emphasis in the NOW program will be on building authentic interspecies communities. Do you feel ready to participate in an intensive group experience which will require you to be able to sit with uncomfortable emotions, identify your own triggers, and hold the sacred space of possibility for yourself and others?
- The program tuition includes lunch, beverages, and snacks each day. Please list any food preferences or restrictions we should be aware of.